Sunday, January 27, 2008

MY OWN THERAPY

Once again i am back with a contemplative note on something that took my fancy suddenly yesterday. Being the lazy person i am, i didn't have the energy nor the inclination of getting out of my cozy cocoon of a bed and typing the whole thing out. So here i am doing the need felt at a more humanly hour.



I was just marveling at the works of the Almighty as usual and how he makes different people so different that even though we all seem to have some basic tastes similar like...liking the same movies and liking outdoor activities or cute Labrador puppies ...or dreaming of sky diving or exploring Venice ......we are all essentially still different.........


I read this excellent quotation on the internet at a DNA identification site........trace your genealogy kind of thing....which said that humans have really grown so smart as they have been able to identify the basic building blocks of the DNA structure......but even though we have been able to do that we haven't been able to explain how totally dissimilar people of different origin find similarity in that difference.

The dissonance of colour,race and looks is in fact a veneer covering up more cogent issues......rather the biggest issue of them all.The issue of NEED....have mentioned it somewhere in one of my previous posts.......we need to bond, we need to stick together and no matter how many Ancestry.coms we explore for the fun of it...the basic reason why we do it is to explore and celebrate kinship.

Getting back to the topic at hand...(gosh!!! i have this horrible habit of digressing from the main issue....which leads me into a totally different realm from the one i am in)----my idiosyncrasy i suppose....something in my genes ;-)

What is my therapy......i love walking.......so take off for hours on my own or in company....but one thing is constant.........i am always in monosyllable mode when i am on a walk.......a conversation at the same time inside......the truth be known walk and exercise helps me beat stress and a lot of that nervous energy i am always bubbling with...to the normal person i might seem a lackluster and lethargic person but my mind works at the speed of sound at all times and if i let it then even my body.......there have been times when i've tested my strengths and marveled at my resilience....

Now this isn't a self praise trip......just that there is a lot the human body or brain can go through.which is probably why we are at the top of the pyramid.


Then there are other times when i like meditating and praying.But then one seldom gets the luxury of a quiet room with no disturbance in a hostel.However the times i spend with my God are the best(....call him my God because he feels so MY.....like a best friend a buddy my all i guess......tis true and a confession in fact that i love God the most......more than anyone in this world.........strange.......but so true....might get branded an eccentric person for that but thats the truth)..

Sketching,painting,gardening are interesting too.......and so peaceful.....i get special kicks out of cooking for others and watching them scrape the late bite from their plates with relish..........i guess thats a different kind of appetite....again related to need...........


And then i see others around me.............there have been people who find their release in music.........i have a head banging friend who likes rock.......and rocks to it....an amazing guitarist......

Then there is another who likes contemplating and finds her release in thinking about various scenarios.......and dreaming about food.....since the hostel isn't a very great place for food.......

Then there is the eccentric one ......who just likes going off into a dreamworld of his own.....from where no one can pull him back unless he wants to come back......sometimes....or if i am candid most of these "fits" are within the classroom...and professors find his ...er....VACANT look very ......inspiring.......

such different people.............i am just lost for words.......each person crafted with his own peculiarities.....
there was a time when i questioned the existence of God .....looked for answers all over.......was a skeptic.Tried looking for answers for in past lives and regression therapy....psychology...paranormal activity.......read up on stuff and tried to fit round pegs in square ones........all to no avail....till finally tired i understood......that i was resisting something so much more powerful than me..........my existence.....how can something so inconsequential as an intellect question existence........finally the storm was at rest.....and now i know my goal..........and in times when i am miles away from it.....and when i get worried,jittery and plagued by insecurities......i turn back to my tried and tested therapies.......

i guess they will help me till i need them no more and find my final solutions....

No comments: