Monday, March 19, 2007

Chic is out chicken is in………..a new age foodie joint in the making…….




Off late I been thinking a lot about the kind of restaurant I would like to open and as I was googling to just get a feel of what kind of ambience is on offer......I found a preponderance of sophistication and dramatic decors that awe the visitor ........towering plants, exotic upholstery suck you heels off carpeting air-conditioning "just right"....etc...........a thorough foodie I have tried a variety of restaurants pan the whole spectrum , right from the seediest ramshackle breakfast joint to some of the most luxurious “definitely” upper-class eateries that rely on their décor and “service with a smile” to wow the customer, food being a sidelined issue the customer would be too embarrassed to complain about.

I’ve noticed people who are really driven by their palate don’t care about the ambience as long as hygiene is maintained. Its those segment of people I hope to “wow “someday somewhere………….
Pondering on what will attract me to the restaurant apart from a load of good well meaning subtle PR work………….would be definitely the “AROMA”……….hence I am going to name it AROMAH………….

To describe my dream it will have a lot of natural materials, jute, woven rough cloth died in vibrant shades……local handicrafts…….pottery, .predominantly earthen………loads of lanterns about the place……….but not so dim that you cannot make out the food on your plate……….a trial area…..where all the food to be sold will be on view so that you can choose what you want to eat……….and see how it looks……….and even taste it………….to fuel your anticipation ………..my food will look as good as it tastes………

I shall have potted plants with cooking herbs growing fresh……..all around the restaurant……….garlic and other sheaves hanging from the roof………..which I hope to make either cane or semi thatched………….depends……….as I said a place that relies on its food………………and the smile will be provided by those who eat there…………

Cuisine will be multinational………that’s something I still need to research on…….and will primarily depend on the place I set up………..i aim to position it for people who are jaded with the usual run of the mill restaurants and wish to get that extra zing in their lives and not to forget their taste buds and stomachs…………………

Hope this is not just a pipe dream……………..i already know what it ought not look like…………time will tell what it ought to look like……….

No comments: