Sunday, May 4, 2008

KITKAT

I am suddenly a proud mother and grandmother of a medley of stray cats. One day a shabby little grey cat came at my doorstep when I was sitting in the Garden which is really a patch of grass and a few flowerpots…drinking my cuppa of tea. He sat in front of me blinking his grey green eyes as though I was a surprise to him rather than the reverse. Anyway I and my weakness for tiny helpless mites like that…..
You can imagine what I did went and located a plastic bowl which could be his for life and then made some concoction of malai and rotis ….the bowl signifying that this guy was there to stay…
Called him Kittu………..gosh how obvious I can get but he looked so cute and ‘kittuish’……..and then I didn’t have time to decide his name did I? He just foisted himself on me from nowhere.
Then one fine day I see my cat had suddenly become two from one. Suddenly Kitty came into the picture. A smaller version of Kittu and that too in a different colour altogether. Kitty was smarter and bullied the life out of Kittu.She ate up all his food and I wondered why. I was in for another surprise. One day I am sitting on the same steps and I heard this pathetic mewling all of a sudden. Following it I went behind one of the flower tubs and saw this tiny rat like animal which was supposed to be a cat………..this is KitKat….the offspring of Kittu and Kitty….and finally I am a proud mother….and now grandmother of three cats.

No comments: