Sunday, January 20, 2008

MONOTONY




Time flies for some and stands still for others
Standing at this juncture
I feel like a person standing still while things evolve ,fade and move around me
A beautiful kaleidoscope of colours
An ever changing picture painted by the most beautiful of them Masters
My Master the one and only one
The creator,the destroyer and guardian
The father ,son and the holy ghost
Ever-constant and one with my soul
And still I feel the monotony of this life oppressive
The continuity of it all
Ceaseless drudgery
The time has come for me to break free


To cease to be and at the same time pass into eternity
An eternity that knows no feeling
No beginning no end
Being just there...
And yet I wonder that this beautiful desired coveted state
Is it the end or the beginning
Or just a phase to move onto
To carry onto from this life to another
A stop gap ?
Or the ultimate goal I've been craving for eternities

The only thing I have known in all these lives
These countless immeasurable minutes I've been passing
Biding my time till the moment comes
Is the certainty that you exist and are a part of me
Much like the child that is a part of a mothers womb
Her flesh and blood, hers from eternity to eternity
And yet a free soul she held just like a vessel
Beyond all selfishness and duty
And still bearing traces of a love that has no explanation
Which knows no logic
Explained just by being there
And knowing no beginning nor end.


In this monotony of life
I know my Lord thy ever constant presence is what I crave
What I cherish and guard like a sentinel
And yet certain I stand
In the faith that thou shalt never desert me
For it was only you who loved me with a love that cannot be
Greater than the greatest love I've felt
And lived to know
It flows like the blood in my veins
That life giving manna from the heavens
My only sustainance in this drudgery
The answer to my prayers
and the final prayer itself
My freedom is after all my Lord your Love.
Therein lies the answer to all the questions in this universe.

No comments: