Friday, March 9, 2007

OLD LANES REVISITED

“Memories from the bygone days”
I remember writing so ….
On a hot June afternoon…..
Still………not a leaf shaking
Not a whisper of breeze…….
And now on this November noon
I write again
Memories of the bygone days
Come back as a spectre from the dead


You ask again and again
Answers I know but have deliberately locked away
Nay will not open that door again
It’s gone …….
It’s over……
It’s done with…………
I know we live and love on
It is meant to be till each their freedom shall get.
What I wanted to tell you all since
I did love you as ……….
I will always do so
And it never will require your presence in my life


You will move on flourish
And my blessings shall always dog your feet
A smile shall always follow
That’s the way I love
And shall always Love
Nothing more do I ask
Nothing more need I give
You’ll see yet again
When we depart
You’ll feel my presence still
Even when I am gone
Hopefully this time
It will be a happy warmth
Not restlessness
Not a torment


I never wanted it to be so…
And to correct I’ll strive
You’ll see the difference
Am always unmasked to you
Fear not
You need not from me
I can’t harm you ever
Because I love you and in that love
I haven’t got the power to hurt
Only bless


No consummation, no culmination but a continuation
To be……….
That’s how I describe myself
What you call inertia
I’ve discovered
Is not so………….
Its ceaselessness of my being
I’ve had a long wait……….a long long journey undertaken
And soon to the Father’s bosom shall I go…
And still shall bless you…


I have understood the crux of my being
My cross to carry I call it……….
How many have I carried…..
Lost count of them……
Strangely they haven’t left bitterness into my soul…….
Just increased the love I feel for those who are struggling so
Each wakeful moment I see someone trying so hard
And in each effort I bless them
Am no saint……sinner maybe or I wouldn’t be here
Waiting to pay my dues…….




Yet I feel privileged
Each blessed morn when I look out of the window
At the tranquil hills
My stony visage reflecting not the pleasures I behold…
Still as the morning calm.
And at such times I bless you……..
You deserve the best…….
You’ve struggled so much…….
I’ve felt each pain………..
As my own……
You shall find your peace…….
For that I shall pray evermore
This time you’ll find your freedom……
And love with a love greater that you ever felt….
The love of the almighty…..
Not the mortal soul.


And I’ll stand on the shore of life and laugh
The laugh of the truly happy
Oh what joy it will be….
You just cannot imagine ……seeing you finally free
When you shall cease to be and you shall cease to feel
When nothing will dog your steps
When no memory will plague you like unfinished business
All will be fine then……….
That day I will smile………

No comments: