Saturday, March 10, 2007

ACCEPTANCE

There is no alternative, no respite
How much I struggle, however much I flail
It will always be there
It is the beginning and the end…
And doth at me stare…
In the glaring brightness of the day
Or the velvet darkness of the night
No, I need no sight
Yet do feel its presence
Doesn’t make me feel afraid or tense
But just an easy acceptance

Why do I struggle so against it?
A battle of wills
Who will be stronger? Of course me
For I mean to win eventually
But will I be happy, satisfied?
Will it be victory or a sad defeat?
Once again will my life be orderly and neat
Or if I’m honest a colorless tasteless and bland existence

Is this what I want?
Or the richness of a fulfilled life
Of a mission accomplished and my soul at rest
A road walked till the end…
No regrets no moment unlived
The happy and sad, the joyous and troubled a perfect blend
Each moment like a pearls strung together
The jewels of my life…

Nay Nay I will no longer fight it
It will be a part of me and wherever I go …
Will be my shadow walking in my footsteps
Its tread I do hear and so
Even in a lonely world never do feel lonesome
The One, the It, the only thing, I can call all mine
It will be there eternally even after I am gone
No longer do I struggle to supercede
But as one walk ahead broadly smiling at life’s little ways
And this shall be the pattern of my days.

No comments: