Wednesday, June 6, 2007

FAITH ---inconsequential? OR indespensible?

Blurred lines I see
Torment is all that I feel
Long to be on an even keel
But nay, it’s my lot
To yearn, to strive, to charge forward
With nothing but my Faith with me.

I will one day, someday be victorious
All my devils laid to rest
But for now I still charge on in faith
Faith---A inconsequential word
Meaning so little and yet governs out life
The basis for all we do
The basis for all we believe---
For all what we are.

My Faith struggles not
But once in a while I come across someone
who questions its validity
And I am forced to realize
That perfect communion isn’t in my lot
That no one shall or will understand
My faith---Baseless,
Yet standing lofty amid the sands of corrupt insanity.

I don’t need details
It’s just the feeling deep within that nurtures me
That powers my soul to be
Its mettle shining bright
Polished through the rough chaffing of time
Each experience burnishing it.

But as I stand on the shore I life…
Watching the winds and waves of time charge in
Recede and take away the pain
Leaving behind soft sands of fragrant salty memories…
I know my keeper thou shalt be
From now till eternity
And I need no one but thee
To nourish my soul.

No comments: